I’ve produced and managed content since the early 90s. Currently I write weekly for CBS and WebPsychology.com, among other clients.
My strengths are solid research, clarity of writing, and ability to match my voice to the target publication. My years as a content manager have given me a healthy respect for word counts, formatting, and meeting deadlines.
Please shoot me an e-mail to discuss your editorial needs.
Freelance Work Samples
- CBS Local: I cover lifestyle topics regularly in the St. Louis area, including Arts & Culture, Nightlife, and Family & Pets. See my collection of CBS work here.
- WebPsychology: I write regularly for WebPsychology.com on topics like obesity and depression. Here’s a Google-generated collection of my work for them.
- I’ve written hundreds of articles for sites all over the web. You can see a smattering of them on my Contently page if you’d like to get a broad feel for my work.
Areas of Expertise
- Exercise/wellness: I was a kinesiology/wellness major at SIU-Edwardsville. I’m an ACE certified fitness instructor and hold a 200 hour RYT from Yoga Alliance.
- Small Business: I’ve been in business for myself since 1994. I’ve owned a magazine, a graphic design business, and two dance/yoga studios. My forte is marketing and advertising.
- Travel: I specialize in budget international travel. I’m a digital nomad, traveling the world with a backpack. I’m writing to you from Cambodia right now.
- Family/parenting: I published a family magazine for eight years, and was a parent educator and social worker in my twenties.
- Arts/Culture: I was a dancer and dance instructor for ten years. I have an appreciation for museums, music, opera, and dance.
- Social Commentary: I enjoy exploring relationships and social dynamics from a liberal, feminist viewpoint.
- Marketplace Magazine, 2002-2005. I introduced editorial content into the previously advertising-only publication and managed it as a freelancer. I was also the magazine’s art director during this time.
- The Family Gazette Magazine 1994-2002. I was the founder, publisher, editori-in-chief, and art director. Under my direction, the magazine became immensely popular and developed strong partnerships with Radio Disney, Show Me St. Louis, and the local PBS affiliate.