Welcome to my website.
Let me introduce myself. I'm Lauren Haas, a freelance writer and digital nomad. I write lifestyle articles on assignment for CBS and Time Warner. I also have two books on the market, and two more in production.
In May, 2013, I sold everything I own, and now I travel the world with a backpack and a laptop. I maintain solid internet connections everywhere I go, and have no problem meeting deadlines.
Please shoot me an e-mail to discuss your editorial needs.
- Small Business: I've been in business for myself since 1994. I've owned a magazine, a graphic design business, and two dance/yoga studios.
- Travel: I specialize in budget international travel. I'm a digital nomad, traveling the world with a backpack. I'm writing to you from Quito, Ecuador right now.
- Exercise/wellness: I was a kinesiology/wellness major in college. I'm an ACE certified fitness instructor and hold a 200 hour RYT from Yoga Alliance.
- Family/parenting: I published a family magazine for eight years, and was a parent educator and social worker in my twenties.
- Arts/Culture: I was a dancer and dance instructor for ten years. I have an appreciation for museums, music, opera, and dance.
- Social Commentary: I enjoy exploring relationships and social dynamics from a liberal, feminist viewpoint.
- CBS I cover lifestyle topics like Arts & Culture, Nightlife, and Family & Pets.
See my collection of CBS work here.
- Time Warner I produce lifestyle pieces for RoadRunner.com and TWC Central.
Here's a Google-generated list of recent clips
- My blog, The Soul Of A Journey covers travel topics, my new life with only a backpack full of possessions, and my observations and experiences as I roam the world.
- I also write Artist Profiles for AXS.com. My favorite is the one I wrote about Eminem.
- The Belly Dance Journal is my first book. It's filled with guided dance activities, and has made Amazon's Top 20 list in its category.
- The Yoga Journal is a similar journal for yoga students.
Wondering if I can take adequate photographs to illustrate a travel story? Here are some samples of my photography.
- Editor-in-chief Marketplace Magazine, 2002-2005. I introduced editorial content into the previously advertising-only publication. I was also the magazine's art director.
- Publisher and editor-in-chief of The Family Gazette Magazine 1994-2002. Under my direction, the magazine became immensely popular and developed strong partnerships with Radio Disney, Show Me St. Louis, and the local PBS affiliate.